- Who: Directed by Augusta Thomson
- What: movie screening
- Where: Tibet House US gallery, NYC
- When: Friday, August 15, 2014 At 07:00 PM
- How: General:$15 with 10% discount to THUS members.
- Details: Friday, August 15; 7-9PM
About the Event
Nine-Story Mountain charts the path of three western researchers, from Lhasa to Mount Kailash, Tibet, on a journey to explore pilgrimage practices across the Tibetan plateau. Together, they set out to unearth the secrets of a mountain and landscape that have magnetized millions of people for centuries.
As some of the few westerners to make it into Tibet following a partial ban on foreign entry in summer 2012 they travel alone through an empty landscape, a landscape witness to changes most people will never have the chance to see. Armed with only a Canon Rebel 500D, an H2ZOOM, and an incredible Tibetan guide, they capture the stories of Tibetan nomads and teahouse owners, of Tibetan pilgrims, Hindu pilgrims, Chinese pilgrims, and a scattering of Western pilgrims. They capture the stories of Kailash, stories they believe can teach the world about what it means to coexist.
This is a story about a journey to reach Mount Kailash, the ‘nine-story’ mountain.
For more information, visit: www.nine-storymountain.com
Friday, August 15; 7-9PM
General:$15 with 10% discount to THUS members.
Tune in at 7:08am to 89.9 WORT FM, in Madison, to hear Erika Andersen perform Song for Sax!
Hear the performance along with interviews from Erika Andersen and Daria Tennikova:
Saturday, 14 June 2014 | Rich Samuels
- 5:09 am: Zina Schiff (violin) and the MAV Symphony Orchestra conducted by Aviana Eisenberg perform the Violin Concerto in D Minor by Jean Sibelius.
- 5:43 am: Pianist Olga Kern performs Reminiscences de Don Juan by Franz Liszt after themes from Mozart’s opera “Don Giovanni”.
- 6:08 am: The Philadelphia Orchestra conducted by Leopold Stokowski performs Franz Schubert’s Symphony in B Minor (“Unfinished”) recorded in 1924.
- 6:38 am: The Philadelphia Orchestra conducted by Leopold Stokowski performs Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saëns recorded in 1925.
- 6:46 am: Pianist Ingrid Fliter performs Andante Spianato nd Grand Polinaise Op. 22 by Frédéric Chopin.
- 7:08 am: Composer Daria Tennikova and saxophonist Erika Andersen discus and perform “Poema” with the UW Madison Symphony Orchestra conducted by Kyle Knox; and Erika Anderson performs “Song for Sax” by Anthony Caulkins.
- 7:37 am: Axel Strauss and Naha Greenholz (violins), Jean-Michel Fonteneau (cello) and Jeffrey Sykes (piano) of the Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society of Wisconsin perform Movements 1, 4 and 5 of Suite for Two Violins, Cello and Piano Left Hand by Eric Wolfgang Korngold.
Check out my latest recording with Liz Clawson performing Twelve on a Base, my newest piece for solo double bass.
Excited to be working on a project started by the composer, Stephen Dembski, on translating motion into sound and music.
Click here for more information on the project.
Big Announcement!!: The Space Voyage Original Cast Album is finally available for digital download! Take a listen here and then purchase your album today! http://nicholasconnors.bandcamp.com/releases
This is a work for musical theater written by a good friend of mine, Nick Connors. I had the pleasure of performing guitar on the Original Cast Album
Broadcast on Air from Another Planet hosted by Liam Moore, WSUM 91.7 FM, Madison, WI, 27 August 2013.